Today is the last day before half term, and it's the last chance for me to hand in my resignation at school in order for me to be released in September. I've spoken to the headteacher and sent in the official letters, so there is no going back now. I haven't heard officially, so I need to find out whether my request has been granted. There were a few weeks of should I / shouldn't I before I came to this decision.
Another related issue: I seem to be suffering from a painful throat again (just in time for the half term) - why does this always happen??? At the moment I am sat at the computer with a box of strepsils, hot lemon sachets, and a large bottle of fruit juice just to try and keep my throat from feeling like a barbed wire fence - but it doesn't seem to be working.
Last night we successfully managed to get a collar onto Charlie, our cat. We had tried a few nights before but each time it was on her she then started throwing herself around trying to get rid of it. We finally solved it by taking the small barrel with her address off the collar. She seems happy enough now, and once she is used to it we'll try and put the barrel back on. This evening we might evening let her outside for a little while and see how she reacts to the open air (being an ex-research cat, she has never been outside).
I've been playing around with the new features that my ISP has made available on my personal website. I've set up a guestbook, contact forms and at the start of June I'll be sending out my first monthly newsletter to those who have subscribed to it. Not bad for a site that started out a year ago as just an idea.